The Mt Warning Community Preschool program caters for children aged from 3 to 5 years.
Through our program we aim;
• To implement a child – centred program based on principles outlined in NSW curriculum and EYLF ( Early Years Learning Framework);
• To strive to empower children by using their thoughts and ideas to develop the program;
• To promote each child’s confidence and positive self image through a range of provisions, experiences and opportunities that build on their understandings, skills, values and sensitivities and promote success;
• To implement an inclusive approach to positivity support children’s growth of identity, self esteem and critical thinking; and
• To encourage each child to reach their full potential in accordance with their daily ability.
Due to COVID19 playgroup has been postponed until further notice.
Our core preschool program is enhanced with extra curricular activities including age appropriate yoga with Joanna Garder.
Joanna Gardner has been teaching Children’s Yoga Classes for 17 years at Early Childhood Centres, Preschools and Primary Schools in the Northern Rivers area. She has taught regular classes at our centre for many years.
Joanna will be presenting a variety of one hour yoga sessions for our centre throughout the year. The children will learn yoga postures, breathing & concentration techniques, and relaxation. The classes are presented in a fun, creative, age appropriate way; incorporating games, music, educational stories, movement, and teaching aids.